2017 Achievement Academy Summer Camp Information
Starts June 12 – Ends August 18
- Children served: Kindergarten through 5th Grade
- Jane Boyd Community House/Johnson M-F 8am-5pm
- Limited transportation to/from Johnson provided
- Cedar Valley/Hawthorne Hills M-F 9am-3pm (ends 8/11/17 for building maintenance)
- Breakfast & lunch served daily at no additional cost
- Classroom/Academic Enrichments in morning, social/recreational activities & field trips in afternoon
- Swimming, most field trips, and other community activities included in price
About Achievement Academy
All kids deserve the chance to achieve their dreams. At Jane Boyd Achievement Academy, kids find support to reach their goals – caring friends and adults, a safe environment, homework help, healthy food and fun activities.
Already an Achievement Academy parent? Get the information you need on our Parent page.
How We Help
We offer after-school and summer programs to help your children learn and grow.
Education is one of the most important ways to build success. Your child can get personal help with homework on any subject.
In addition, if you stop by during program hours, you’ll find kids involved in a variety of activities, including:
- Reading Programs – Your child will use a computer-based activity that is proven to improve reading skills and comprehension. Team members and volunteers also work with kids one-on-one to ensure growth.
- Science Exploration – Through hands-on experiments, your child will grow in his/her understanding of the natural and man-made worlds.
- Social/Recreational Activities – Our team coordinates group games utilizing the outdoor playgrounds and gym that teach kids about exercise, healthy lifestyles, sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Kidz Korner – Is your child interested in telling stories or learning how online technology works? Kidz Korner offers kids the opportunity to blog, write and learn more about web design.
- Enrichment Activities – From Scouting to Theatre Cedar Rapids to the Iowa Youth Writing Program to the newly added Blue Zones Curriculum; the Achievement Academy is proud to partner with multiple community organizations to enhance your child’s experience.
- Field Trips – Your child will also delight in trips to local museums, the pool and more!
Our Children, Our Neighborhoods
The Academy is offered at these locations in our community:
- Jane Boyd Community House – for children living in the Cedar Rapids school district
- Johnson Elementary School – for students of the school
- Hawthorne Hills – for children living at Hawthorne Hills Apartments
- Cedar Valley – for children living in Cedar Valley Townhomes
The cost of the Academy varies based on location and each family’s situation. We work to make the program affordable for families of all income levels.