Helping You Take Care of Your Family
Supporting your family is important to you. If you are new to the work force or have work experience, PATHs can help you develop new skills and improve your income potential. PATHs provides this opportunity with classes, coaching and internship placement. You get a chance to participate in a supervised work experience to help prepare you for successful employment.
After finishing the course, we help you look for and find a job. Local employers participate as PATHs trainers and provide job sites. Often our participants are hired on a permanent basis after being trained.
The goal of the PATHs program is to help you:
- Increase your earning potential
- Learn new skills
- Get references
- Meet members of the community who are interested in helping people in the program
Jane Boyd works with Four Oaks and the Affordable Housing Network to provide on-site job training and internship placement. We work together as a community to help you be successful.
How PATHS Works
Here are some of the ways the program will support you:
- Career development skill training – 10 Weeks (includes a $1,000 stipend upon program completion)
- Participation in work crews
- Internships placement
- On-site job coaching
- Job search support
- Connections with the Four Oaks TotalChild program for participants with children
Learning modules cover the following topics:
- Occupational Interests, Abilities and Aptitudes
- Developing Your Career Path
- Developing Your Career Path B
- Financial Literacy and Budgeting
- Job Searching and Job Applications
- Writing a Resume and Cover Letter
- Job Interview Practice
- Employer Expectations
- Real World Expectations
- Wrap-up and Completion
Need to Learn More?
Call us at 319-364-0067 or email us at email@example.com